Monday, May 21, 2012

A West Coast Question

Its been a week since my last visit here....where have I been you may ask? I've been on California time in LA for the past week. I'm becoming pretty familiar with the city and I must say, I think it's calling my name. With each trip I further release my inner angelino: chemical peels, vegan food with Ellen Degeneres at RFD, and large sunglasses at all times. I found it, however, much easier to get caught up in the material world here on the west coast even more so than in new York....I mean have you seen the people walking down the street in west Hollywood?! Case made. But I pose these individuals a question: are you truly happy behind all that plastic surgery and those Tom Ford sunglasses? While I participate in trendy social affairs, I don't forget where I come from, a place that is far from this glitz and glam. It's because of this that I can see past that outer shell made of plastic and Botox. Nonetheless, I think I'm falling in love with you, LA. I see myself, a convertible, and the PCH in my future.

4 comments:

  1. I tihnk some people are happy behind their big sunglasses.. other people not so much. On the other hand, I definitely think you should step out of the LA bubble and check out Orange County and San Diego. The pace is much more relaxed and San Diego is way less superficial. =) Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. LA has it's ups and downs. The downs - everyone wants to be somebody, it's a melting pot of rude people, parking, traffic, expenses.

    The good: weather, you're an hour away from the beach/desert/mountains, there is always something to do, fun celeb sightings.

    Since I've been here my whole life I am in desperate need of a change. I'm so glad I grew up here but I would like to experience something new.

    And I agree with Tammy - SD and OC are amazing. Out of the two, I think you'd be more of a Newport or Laguna Beach kind of guy though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have visited many a time...but I will take the South any old day! I just adore the true kindness and purity of the South. Whatever makes you happy!!

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can totally see you on the west coast (even though i've never been!)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...