Friday, January 17, 2014

Paris Fashion Week

After shows in London and Milan the past few weeks, the attention has moved to Paris. This is one of my favorite settings as some of my favorite designers show in Paris. I have been loving most of what I am seeing on the runways for autumn/winter 2014.  Neutrals seem to be dominating the Paris runways.

I loved the tailoring and outwear from Balmain, whom never disappoints in this category. Other favorites that have gone down the runway so far have been Valentino, filled with loose fitting suits and "couture pieces", a new direction for the brand in terms of menswear. Additionally, I personally loved the modern collections shown by Phillip Lim and Dries Van Noten.



I know New York comes alive during Fashion Week, so I can only imagine what it is like to be in Paris during these exciting times of the year. Last week, Maison Kitsuné annouced the opening of their new café in Paris. The café is set to open today, and it looks amazing! Below are a few photos that give a look inside. Given its fusion of fashion, music, and coffee, I imagine it will be a fashion week "hotspot"


As we head into the weekend, I can only wish that I was in Paris sipping on espresso at Café Kistuné as I browse the street style from likes of Tommy Ton and The Satorialist.

What collections have you been loving from the menswear shows? 



Photos: Balmain via Style.com and Karl Hab



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...