Friday, January 31, 2014

The Ascot

When I think of an ascot, I think of a true gentleman, sophisticatedly dressed, and perhaps sipping on scotch in the study. The ascot look can be worn, however, in a more modern, preppy fashion that brings a bit of interest to an otherwise traditional button down. 

I was inspired to use a pocket square as a little ascot or foulard while shopping at Ralph Lauren when I spotted it on a mannequin. It is easy to do, and pocket squares come in a variety of fun prints and colors to add interest. Just roll the pocket square, and tie around the neck for an easy ascot. For me, I love the air of European flair it adds to an outfit. Below, I've paired a yellow paisley with a black and white oxford for contrast.




Pocket Square: Polo Ralph Lauren (Similar) // Shirt: Ralph Lauren Black Label (Similar) // Belt: Hermes

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...