Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Touch of Nautical

At this point all I can do is think about and hope for spring and warmer weather. Nautical stripes and nautical touches are one of my favorite touches on a piece of clothing, not to mention that it is a great preppy touch as well. I had a sweater hiding in my closet that is a great navy and light blue stripe with a buttoned neckline finished with anchor buttons. 

I loved the nautical touches on the sweater, and while it would be perfect paired with a light colored chino or white denim in late spring or early summer, I created a wear-now outfit by pairing it with tan denim. This makes the piece a little less "spring" feeling and perfect for the slush filled New York streets as there is still a chill in the air and bean boots are still an everyday essential. I finished the look with a gold metal bracelet and bold, orange leather wrap bracelet to compliment the dark navy of the sweater. 

How are you thinking of spring and incorporating it in wear now looks?





Sweater: Ralph Lauren Black Label // Denim: Ralph Lauren Black Label // Bracelets: Miansai & Ralph Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...