Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Menswear: Suitsupply



Perhaps I am a little late to the bandwagon, but I just recently had my first Suitsupply experience, and I now fully understand what all the hype is about. This place is heaven for the working man that wants to look dapper while remaining on budget, without having to compromise quality either!

Suitsupply was started in 2000 by a Dutch man who recognized the need for quality suits at good prices, and the company has just exploded ever since and continues to grow. The brand has received attention from every major media outlet, and my recent trip to the Philadelphia store confirmed everything about the brand- I am obsessed!

via @skimbacofashion instagram

The Philadelphia store was sleek and modern, with a beautiful tie wall, tailor, and sportswear located upstairs while the mecca of suits of located on the lower level. Sharp dressed sales associates that are highly knowledgeable about menswear are at the ready. 

The key to the Suitsuppy concept is its use of "verticalization" The brand sources fabrics from high quality mills in Italy, and produces the product offsite, eliminating the middleman. All of this means lower prices for you with exceptional quality such as hand finished buttonholes. Not to mention, the turn around time for tailoring for my friend's purchase suit- only 3 days!


I am looking forward to checking out the spaces here in New York, located on Madison Avenue as well as SoHo. There are more than a few pieces I have my eye on, including an amazing pair of double monk strap shoes. I did find the perfect bow tie, however, will my friend was getting their suit customized. It is a great plaid that I think will pair perfect with my spring inspired Ralph Lauren look.


Bow Tie: Suitsupply


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...